Year 1 Information
A warm welcome to Year 1 with class teacher Mrs Dyer and teaching assistants Mrs Herrington and Miss Dodd. We are looking forward to working with your child throughout this year.
Things to remember
- Please ensure that all your child’s PE kit and school uniform is labelled clearly including coats.
- Water bottles should be brought to school daily. We have drinking water in the classroom so water bottles can be refilled when needed.
- Please remember to inform Year 1 staff or the school office if a different adult is collecting your child from school.
The children will have their PE lesson on a Monday. On this day, the children will need to come into school in their PE kit and will stay in their kit for the day. Lessons will take place outdoors, so warm clothes will be needed as the weather gets colder.
As we return to school, we will be completing a mini project on 'Autumn'. The topic web for our project can be found below.
Watch this space for more updates as we progress throughout the year.
- Phase 4 and 5 phonic sounds
- Phase 2 sound mat precursive unlooped
- Year 1 Common Exception Words-ver-3
- Year 1 Maths I can statements.pdf
- Year 1 writing expectation mats.pdf
- Recommended book list for Year 1
- Supporting your child's reading at home advice
- Year 1 questions to support reading