Welcome to Year 1's Home Learning page
Our core learning whilst in lockdown will consist of daily virtual English, Maths and Phonics lessons, as well as one lesson of RE per week. These lessons will be assigned on Seesaw, where the children can respond and feedback will be given.
Below you will find topic webs for Science, for History and for the wider curriculum. These webs are designed to provide additional learning activities, alongside our core learning on Seesaw. They are designed with the idea that one activity on the Science and History webs can be completed each week, should you wish to. The wider curriculum web provides details of activities that will facilitate the learning of other key skills that we would normally deliver through our curriculum in school.
There is also a section which contains documents that you may find useful. These include a Year 1 example home learning timetable, useful learning links to online resources that will support the children's learning, as well as some knowledge organisers for Science, History and Maths. These are useful for both you and the children, as they explain key ideas and explain key vocabulary.
- Children's Mental Health Week - Ruby's Worry by Tom Percival
- Science Home Learning Topic Web.pdf
- Science Knowledge Mat - Materials.pdf
- Maths Knowledge Mat - Addition and Subtraction.pdf
- Maths Knowledge Mat - Place Value within 100 knowledge.pdf
- Concrete Pictoral Abstract progression - four operations.pub
Reading Home Learning
Each week, Mrs Crow will be reading a story to the children. These stories will be recorded and a link will be sent to you via email.
Week 2 (week commencing 11th January 2021):
This week Mrs Crow will be reading 'The Dragon Machine'. If you wish to complete some additional reading home learning, you can complete the activity below.
Week 3 (week commencing 18th January 2021):
The text that Mrs Crow is sharing with you this week is 'The Last Wolf' by Mini Grey. If you wish to complete some additional home learning, you can can complete the activities below.
- Reading Home Learning - W2 - The Dragon Machine.pdf
- Reading Home Learning - W3 - The Last Wolf.pdf
- Week 3 - The Last Wolf by Mini Grey - Year 1 follow up.pdf
- KS1 book review.pdf
- Reading Home Learning - W6 - The Tear Thief.pdf
- Reading Home Learning - WK7 - Smallpox is Dead..docx
World Book Day 2021
Our theme for World Book Day this year is 'Classic Authors'. In Year 1, we are studying the story of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. You can find the topic web for our World Book Week activities below.